The University District Community Development Association (UDCDA) invests in people and places to increase access to opportunities, and collectively improve the quality of life for all in our community. In addition to providing afterschool, senior, and athletics programming out of the Gloria J. Parks Community Center, the UDCDA operated one of Buffalo’s oldest housing and community development nonprofits based in Kensington-Bailey.
Building on the work started by the UDCDA, the AmeriCorps VISTA’s role with the organization will include:
- Conducting a commercial district needs assessment
- Developing a corridor-specific business association model that builds on assets and addresses community needs and commercial sustainability
- Facilitating two sets of workshops – one focused on financial literacy for low-income, minority residents with an interest in entrepreneurship and another focused on business and community leadership development.
- Full-time, 1 year committement of 40 hours per week
- Must be 18+ years old and a US Citizen or legal resident
- Relocation Allowance
- Childcare assistance
- Living Allowance
- Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend
- Health Coverage
This AmeriCorps VISTA placement with the UDCDA is made possible through a partnership with The Service Collaborative of WNY and thanks to the generous support of M&T Bank.