City of Buffalo Emergency Program
The City of Buffalo has placed a moratorium on many of their Community Development Block Grant programs, but is still accepting applications for emergency repairs. Qualified emergency conditions include broken water and sewer lines, inoperable furnace or hot water tanks, hazards at the main electrical panel, and collapsing chimneys. Keep in mind that homes with multiple emergency conditions are not eligible for this program. Please contact our housing department at 836-3600 for a list of required documentation.
- Funds are only available to owner-occupants.
- Partial grants from 50% to 100% of repair costs are available based on income. The remainder of repair costs would be provided as a no-interest loan.
- The property must have been purchased at least 1 year ago. Emergency conditions that existed at the time of purchase are inelligible for repair through this program.
- Households must meet income guidelines based on family size (see table).
- Homeowners must use home as their primary place of residence for the duration of the loan or 10 years, whichever is longer.
- City and County taxes must be up to date. Payment plans are acceptable for water and user fee bills.
|Household Size||Income Limit|