The University District Community Development Association (UDCDA) works with community stakeholders to bring resources into the neighborhood while also building capacity among residents, businesses, and local organizations. The UDCDA takes a comprehensive approach to community development through the following activities:
- Engaging and empowering residents in the revitalize of their neighborhoods. Fostering a renewed sense of ownership and community among residents through programs, outreach, service opportunities, and hands-on projects in the neighborhood.
- Working with business owners and entrepreneurs to identify funding opportunities and support services to aid in physical reinvestment including building renovations and streetscape work along major commercial corridors.
- Communicating and marketing programs and resources offered through the organization as well as original content on the neighborhood effectively and proactively through traditional and digital media outlets.
- Developing strong partnerships and relationships among diverse community stakeholders to support one another’s respective missions, build coalitions, and leverage resources for mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Identifying and pursue additional funding opportunities for the organization at the local, state, and national levels.
- Working with the community to development short, medium, and long term strategic plans for development in the neighborhood.