UDCDA’s housing department is concerned about the quality of life in our neighborhood and the community-at-large. We are committed to making the neighborhoods we serve a community of choice by stimulating growth and revitalization through community and economic development efforts.
We are committed to:
- Promoting homeownership
- Ensuring that all residents of our community have access to adequate housing
- Empowering residents
- Renewing pride, and
- Restoring confidence in our community
Other housing services include:
- Administration of rehabilitation grants and loans
- Homeowner education
- Financial literacy education
- Energy-efficiency classes
- Support for area block clubs, and
- Housing Court liaison activities
If we are unable to provide a service, we have an extensive referral list to assist households reaching all potential programs and services that may be available to them. Although other programs are available to all households, many of the programs target low to moderate income populations as well as the elderly population.